Cookies are small text files placed on your computer and are common throughout websites across the internet. When used properly they are used to inform and encourage best practice by online websites and businesses, and to deliver and record timely and relevant information to users. Should you use an LE Capital website, we may use them:
- To collect anonymous information that will help us understand visitors’ browsing habits on our website, and allow us to improve our service to you;
- To compile statistical reports on website activity, e.g. number of visitors and the pages they visit;
- To temporarily store any information which you may enter in tools, such as calculators or demonstrations on our website;
- To define advertising on and off our website to certain users based on their browsing habits.
We do not store any personal information in cookies that other web users could read and understand.
What cookies does LE Capital UK Limited use?
On any LE Capital website, we will use session cookies for the following purposes:
- To allow users of LE Capital UK Limited to carry information across pages of our site – in particular to avoid having to re-submit security information or preferences. For example, to keep members logged in as they move from page to page. Session cookies also ensure better security by logging customers out of their account after a period of inactivity
On any LE Capital website, we will use persistent cookies for the following purposes:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how people use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website
- To internally identify you by account ID, Name, Email address and location (geographic and computer ID/IP address)
Third party cookies
On any LE Capital website, we will have relationships with third parties that serve cookies via our site. These will be used for the following purposes:
- To serve advertisements on third party sites and ensure they are timely and relevant
- To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement
- To tailor content to your preferences
- To count and track the movement of anonymous users across our site(s)
- For website usage analysis and performance monitoring
Accepting or rejecting cookies
You can configure your internet browser to warn you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer so that you may make a decision whether to accept or reject it.
Please note that some parts of any LE Capital website may not function properly if you reject cookies.
Further information about cookies
You can find up-to-date information about cookies by visiting http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk